Minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques
A hernia occurs when the inside layers of the abdominal wall weaken, allowing tissue to bulge out of the weakened area. During hernia repair, the bulging tissue is pushed back in and the abdominal wall is repaired using stitches or mesh.
Whenever possible, Lehigh Regional Medical Center’s surgeons use minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques for hernia repair. Laparoscopic hernia surgery utilizes a thin, telescope-like instrument known as an endoscope that is inserted through a small incision. The endoscope is fitted with a tiny video camera that allows the surgeon to visualize the area on screen and repair the weakened area. Because the procedure only requires small incisions, patients have less scarring, pain and a quicker recovery.
For further information, contact us at 239-369-2101.
Our surgeons are well equipped to perform both laparoscopic and conventional hernia repair techniques for various types of hernias, including:
- Epigastric (mid abdomen)
- Hiatal (upper stomach)
- Incisional (occurring through a scar)
- Inguinal (groin)
- Femoral (upper thigh)
- Umbilical (belly button)
Outpatient Radiology Services
Lehigh Regional Medical Center is dedicated to providing compassionate, quality care to patients and excellent healthcare to the communities that we serve. It’s this dedication to exceptional care that has led Lehigh Regional Medical Center to receive numerous awards for quality and patient safety. Lehigh Regional Medical Center is fully accredited and received the Gold Seal of Approval™ by The Joint Commission (TJC). Achievements include:
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
The CMS overall star rating shows how individual hospitals perform compared to all hospitals across the country for 5 groups or categories of quality measures.
- Awarded Four Stars for the second year in a row (July 2022)
• The Leapfrog Group is an independent national organization committed to healthcare quality and safety.
• Lehigh Regional Medical Center received the 2021 Leapfrog Top General Hospital
• Along with the 2021 Top Hospital Award, Lehigh Regional Medical Center was also awarded the “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for Fall 2021.
Fortune/IBM Watson Health
Annual list recognizes excellence in clinical outcomes, operational efficiency, patient experience, and financial health
- Named the the "100 Top Hospitals" list
Healthgrades is the leading online resource for comprehensive and objective information about physicians and hospitals:
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety for 3 Years in a Row
- Patient Safety Excellence Award (2019-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed in 2020
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy (2020, 2022, 2023)
- Five-Star Orthopedic Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment (2019, 2020, 2022, 2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Sepsis (2019-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2016-2020, 2022, 2023)
- “A” Grade on the Lown Institute Hospitals Index for Social Responsibility.
- 2020, 2021 & 2022 Platinum Recognition by Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) for the National Hospital Organ Donation Campaign
- Laboratory Services are fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Recognized by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for Quality Respiratory Care
- Received "The Senator’s Pride of Florida" award by Florida Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto 2017
- Received the "Best of Lehigh Acres" award in five categories: Best Hospital, Best Emergency Care, Best Medical Group, Best Medical Center and Best Health System
- LifeLink® Platinum Recognition 2017-2022