Endoscopic examination and treatment
Endoscopy allows your doctor to visualize various areas inside your body using an endoscope, a thin, flexible tube fitted with a camera. A number of endoscopic procedures are used to examine various parts of the body or treat certain conditions, including:
- Arthroscopy visualizes inside the joints
- Bronchoscopy examines the airways and lungs
- Colonoscopy looks at the large intestine and rectum
- Cystoscopy views the inside of the bladder
- Enteroscopy studies the small intestine (small bowel)
- Laparoscopy explores the abdomen or pelvis
- Sigmoidoscopy assesses the lower part of the colon
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy investigates the esophagus and stomach
For further information, contact us at 239-369-2101.
Minimally invasive techniques
During the exam, an endoscope is passed through a natural opening in the body (such as the mouth or anus) or your doctor may make a small incision, such as in the pelvic or abdominal area for a laparoscopic exam.
Endoscopy can also be used to perform a biopsy or remove tissue, and the endoscope can be fitted with various devices such as lasers, ultrasound devices or tiny surgical instruments. A mild sedative is used during most endoscopic procedure.
Outpatient Radiology Services
Lehigh Regional Medical Center is dedicated to providing compassionate, quality care to patients and excellent healthcare to the communities that we serve. It’s this dedication to exceptional care that has led Lehigh Regional Medical Center to receive numerous awards for quality and patient safety. Lehigh Regional Medical Center is fully accredited and received the Gold Seal of Approval™ by The Joint Commission (TJC). Achievements include:
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
The CMS overall star rating shows how individual hospitals perform compared to all hospitals across the country for 5 groups or categories of quality measures.
- Awarded Four Stars for the second year in a row (July 2022)
• The Leapfrog Group is an independent national organization committed to healthcare quality and safety.
• Lehigh Regional Medical Center received the 2021 Leapfrog Top General Hospital
• Along with the 2021 Top Hospital Award, Lehigh Regional Medical Center was also awarded the “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for Fall 2021.
Fortune/IBM Watson Health
Annual list recognizes excellence in clinical outcomes, operational efficiency, patient experience, and financial health
- Named the the "100 Top Hospitals" list
Healthgrades is the leading online resource for comprehensive and objective information about physicians and hospitals:
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety for 3 Years in a Row
- Patient Safety Excellence Award (2019-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed in 2020
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy (2020, 2022, 2023)
- Five-Star Orthopedic Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment (2019, 2020, 2022, 2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Sepsis (2019-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2016-2020, 2022, 2023)
- “A” Grade on the Lown Institute Hospitals Index for Social Responsibility.
- 2020, 2021 & 2022 Platinum Recognition by Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) for the National Hospital Organ Donation Campaign
- Laboratory Services are fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Recognized by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for Quality Respiratory Care
- Received "The Senator’s Pride of Florida" award by Florida Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto 2017
- Received the "Best of Lehigh Acres" award in five categories: Best Hospital, Best Emergency Care, Best Medical Group, Best Medical Center and Best Health System
- LifeLink® Platinum Recognition 2017-2022