Minimally invasive exam of the colon
A colonoscopy is an internal examination of the colon (large intestine) and rectum, using a thin, flexible tube with a camera called a colonoscope. The doctor uses a video monitor to look for abnormalities such as ulcers, polyps, tumors, or areas of inflammation or bleeding. If any irregularities are found, they can be biopsied or removed.
This outpatient exam is often used to screen for colon cancer or to evaluate symptoms such as abdominal pain, change in bowel habits or unexplained weight loss, among other symptoms. It can be completed in less than an hour and is performed under mild sedation to relieve any discomfort.
For further information, contact us at 239-369-2101.
Colonoscopy for treatment
Colonoscopy can also be used to treat certain diseases, including removal of polyps, widening narrowed areas or blockages, or addressing bleeding from diverticula or lesions. Specialized procedures, such as laser surgery or cauterizing techniques, may also be performed during a colonoscopy.
Outpatient Radiology Services
Lehigh Regional Medical Center is dedicated to providing compassionate, quality care to patients and excellent healthcare to the communities that we serve. It’s this dedication to exceptional care that has led Lehigh Regional Medical Center to receive numerous awards for quality and patient safety. Lehigh Regional Medical Center is fully accredited and received the Gold Seal of Approval™ by The Joint Commission (TJC). Achievements include:
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
The CMS overall star rating shows how individual hospitals perform compared to all hospitals across the country for 5 groups or categories of quality measures.
- Awarded Four Stars for the second year in a row (July 2022)
• The Leapfrog Group is an independent national organization committed to healthcare quality and safety.
• Lehigh Regional Medical Center received the 2021 Leapfrog Top General Hospital
• Along with the 2021 Top Hospital Award, Lehigh Regional Medical Center was also awarded the “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for Fall 2021.
Fortune/IBM Watson Health
Annual list recognizes excellence in clinical outcomes, operational efficiency, patient experience, and financial health
- Named the the "100 Top Hospitals" list
Healthgrades is the leading online resource for comprehensive and objective information about physicians and hospitals:
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety for 3 Years in a Row
- Patient Safety Excellence Award (2019-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed in 2020
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy (2020, 2022, 2023)
- Five-Star Orthopedic Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment (2019, 2020, 2022, 2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Sepsis (2019-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2016-2020, 2022, 2023)
- “A” Grade on the Lown Institute Hospitals Index for Social Responsibility.
- 2020, 2021 & 2022 Platinum Recognition by Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) for the National Hospital Organ Donation Campaign
- Laboratory Services are fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Recognized by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for Quality Respiratory Care
- Received "The Senator’s Pride of Florida" award by Florida Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto 2017
- Received the "Best of Lehigh Acres" award in five categories: Best Hospital, Best Emergency Care, Best Medical Group, Best Medical Center and Best Health System
- LifeLink® Platinum Recognition 2017-2022